Mayfield Family Favourite Recipe – Ham & Cheese Quiche
This is a great recipe to use up leftover holiday ham! If you have ever tried a Holland Grill ham, you’ll know why this recipe is a particular favourite of ours. 😉 Any cooked ham will work of course. It’s a really easy recipe to follow and uses simple ingredients. Yum!
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk or cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups diced ham
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 deep dish frozen pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a small nonstick pan and cook onion until soft. Let cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk or cream, salt and pepper.
4. Stir in ham and both cheeses. Leave a small amount of the cheese aside.
5. Stir in cooked onion.
6. Pour filling into the frozen pie crust.
7. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
8. Set pie on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
9. Garnish if desired, then serve!