Learn More About Mayfield Renovations Unique Approach.
Structural Changes To Your Home
Structural changes are a great way to modify your home to better suit your needs.
Structural changes are modifications to the way that your home was originally designed to carry loads (dead loads of the materials and components in your home that never move, and live loads of the people, furniture and weather conditions that move and change over time).
The National Building Code of Canada is continually updated to provide guidelines according to the latest advancements in structural engineering technology to keep your home safe for you to live and play in! The City of Calgary Planning and Development Centre manages the applications and inspections for Building Permits that are required when structural changes are made to your home.
- Adding a second floor, bonus room over the garage, or addition.
- Opening up walls between your home and yard by adding windows and/or patio doors or French doors so that you can bring sunlight in while easily accessing your outdoor living areas.
- Adding windows and/or doors.
- Removing walls between kitchen and living areas.
- Removing bedroom walls to create a larger master suite.
- Adding a separate basement entryway.
- Adding an elevator shaft to make all levels of your home accessible.
- Changing the location of stairwells.
- Vaulting the ceiling of an area of your home with attic space above.
- Adding cantilevers to increase space in kitchens, mudrooms, or other areas of your home.
- Developing your attic into usable space for bedrooms or a bonus room.
- Any other modifications to the original, intended use of the structure that is supporting the floor plan and roof system of your home.